Thursday 15 March 2012

Switching Sides

Finally I am switching sides from the reader/follower to blogger. I love reading all the different blogs out there but mainly the crafting/card making/scrapbooking/sewing and home making blogs. There are so many talented, interesting and witty women out there in the blogosphere and I have decided to throw my 2 cents into the mix.

I am a 25 year old new Mum to a darling wee daughter, Grace. Born 11th December, she has changed my life irrevocably and I love it. Everyday is fun, exciting and different as we both learn together. My husband Ron and I live and work on the family farm here in Wanganui, New Zealand. We moved back to my hometown 18 months ago after several years moving around the country working. We have lived in some beautiful parts of the country but are loving the chance to set some roots for our little family. We love cooking great food, really we love sharing the food with good friends and family and the odd bottle of wine. I love reading a good absorbing book and listening to music when I get the chance.

I have loved getting my craft on since I was a young girl, Mum was great at crafting with us, her annual Christmas cards and newsletter are a family tradition. My Mother In-Law reintroduced me to crafting when I first met Ron she showed me the family scrapbooks and something just clicked. I loved flicking through the albums, an excellent way to get to know their huge family. I have been slowly crafting more and more regularly. I am now enjoying recording our lives, especially for Grace. Recently I have tried my hand at other papercrafts and even started to teach myself Quilting. Although that is a work in progress.

Hopefully this will be a place for me to show my crafting endevours, better to have them out in the world rather than just in my craft room (aka the Dining Room). Plus somewhere to show off photos of the lovely Grace, she is growing like a weed as Ron says.

My next post will be a 'proper' crafting post complete with photos and everything!!

Cavina

No comments:

Post a Comment